Monday, July 25, 2011

Sucking Flat Beer Through A Hose.

No, I haven't given up on my blog thank you very much. But after nearly breaking a giant 5 gallon glass jug, actually breaking a very important plastic tube, and getting a mouthful of very flat yeasty beer I considered throwing all of this stuff out of a very high window. Despite this craziness however, I was able to accomplish the second phase of brewing the Lord's gift to humanity.

Because of my wife's clever decision to brew a fruit beer (...sigh...), I learned the other day that I would need to ferment my beer, AGAIN, for TWO MORE WEEKS. This stuff better taste like Aphrodite's breast milk or something awesome like that. After much struggle I was able to follow the oh so clear 10pt. font instructions and siphon the beer into the second jug and glob in all of the fruit goo. I won't lie to you, it looked nasty and when I stuck my head in the bucket and smelled I almost passed out. It was like a five gallon bucket of crazy strong brewski.

Now it sits once again with the cup of noodles just dying to be consumed. I posted some pictures of the sanitzed utensils, the apricot puree, and the process so you all can enjoy this glorious art from my point of view. See you in about two weeks!










No comments:

Post a Comment